The Moffat Centre undertakes consultancy and research in tourism, hospitality, events and travel. We provide realistic, practical advice to our clients and we tailor our approach for each project undertaken to meet project objectives.
Our consultancy draws on our research which is second-to-none. We are university-based and have access to the most up to date information and research in travel and tourism, as well as a variety of other disciplines.
Our understanding of the tourism sector in Scotland is unparalleled and we are increasingly invited to deliver our expertise internationally in destinations such as St Lucia, Norway, Malawi, Spain, Canada and Lithuania.We have delivered strategies and planning in these areas at regional and national levels and we have also undertaken high profile business training and development activities nationally and internationally. Over the last 17 years, we have developed to become one of the leading research and consultancy centres in Europe.
Areas of expertise include visitor attractions, destination management, urban regeneration, small business development, travel, festival evaluations, conferences, and exhibitions.
How we can help
- Marketing & branding
- Strategy & policy development
- Business analysis & planning
- Feasibility studies
- Urban & rural regeneration
- Operations review & maximisation
- Destination Management Organisations (DMO) Advice
- Benchmarking & best practice
- Events assessments & impact studies
- Surveys & data collection
- Consultation & interviews
- Bespoke research
- Trend analysis & statistics
- Scenario planning & future proofing
Education and Training
- Tailored in-house training
- Bespoke courses
- Workshops & CPD
- Learning journeys
- Degree courses